Saturday March 24th 2018
The Plano Jazz Invitational provides students with positive and life changing experiences through interactions with outstanding musicians and educators. The PJI atmosphere is one of learning, excitement, and growth with students surrounded by inspiring musicians, educators and peers throughout the day.
What makes the PJI Unique?
- Morning and afternoon improvisation sessions with PJI Featured Clinician Justin Stanton of Snarky Puppy.
- Morning and afternoon Jam Sessions for students run by PJI staff.
- Adjudicators are current or retired public educators with extensive jazz experience. You will be assessed by people who understand what it means to run a public school jazz program.
- World-Class staff of musicians and educators.
- One-of-a-kind Prelims/Finals format with the top 3 groups from the day performing for an audience of their peers before the evening concert.
- Recorded comments from all 3 judges for detailed real-time feedback on your performance.
- Numerous on-site areas for students to hang out/mingle and store gear.
- Director hospitality room with hot food, drinks, and snacks available throughout the day.
- Re-cap sheets with scores from all 3 judges organized by caption.
- Justin Stanton – Trumpet/Keyboardist of 3 time Grammy Award winning Snarky Puppy
- Jeremy Kondrat (Plano Sr. HS/PISD Admin)
- Jonathan Adamo (One O’clock Lab Band, Glen Miller Orchestra, Long MS Band Director)
- Chris Clark (C3 Big Band, Hendrick MS)
- Mark De Hertogh – Director
- Adam Hutcheson – Saxophone/Improvisation (One O’Clock Lab Band, NYC Based)
- Jonny Harmon – Drums/Percussion (UNT Jazz Alumni)
- Jacob Smith – Bass/Rhythm Section (One O’Clock Lab Band, Local Professional)
- Julian Sutherland – Saxophone/Improvisation (2 O’Clock Lab Band, Glen Miller Orchestra)
- Featuring Justin Stanton along with members of the PJI staff
- Comp'd tickets provided for all attending students and directors
- Additional tickets will be available for $10 each at the door prior to the concert.
- Click HERE